This year, I’m going to have a lot of different goals set up so that I can, at the end of the year, actually look at what we’ve done and feel some sort of accomplishment.
- Save at least $5,000 this year in our emergency fund. This will be a good start, although we’ll have to add more next year and then more the year after.
- Pay off the truck and then begin applying that payment to our Jeep. (Not sure exactly how much we owe on the truck, I’m thinking $4K)
- Save back $2,000 for a new vehicle down payment, which The Husband will need in a few years, I want to pay a total down payment of $10,000 on any vehicle we buy.
- Pay off at least 20% of our collector’s debt (things already sent to collection years ago when we were unemployed for a while).
- Pay The Husband’s student loan off (~$2,000).
- Pay off one student loan of mine.
- Have some money saved to take a pretty nice vacation this summer (at least $2,500).
I’m thinking this is a good start. This would be a total of:
+/- $9,500 SAVED.
+/- $12,000 DEBT PAID OFF.