It’s that time again, folks. New Year’s resolution. Thinking about all of the things that one wants to do this year to make themselves a better, more vibrant, happier person. I’ve been working on this list since November and have decided I will break it down, and put three things under each category (or month, whichever). Mine is actually going to look more like a list of goals for every month or group of months. I’m more of a goal and deadline oriented person.
- Begin actually working out consistently. At least 4 days a week, doing cardio workouts 3 days a week and strength training two days a week, to begin with.
- Begin a stricter, more healthy eating, diet. I hate that word. HATE. But, I use it only because I’m not sure how to explain cutting back on junk food, cutting out all processed food, making things from scratch as much as possible and planning ahead.
- Start couponing again. This will be hard as most coupons are for things with HFCS in it or that aren’t from “scratch” but dangit, if I can’t use them, I’ll sell them on ebay or something. I plan on starting this back up just to save a few nickels and dimes where I can.
- Go through ALL clothes in the house and put everything that is too small in donation/sell box and go through files and lockbox and desks and clean up the clutter.
- Clean up hard drives and buy an external drive. Make sure the computers are all cleaned up and move all pictures to external drive.
- Clean out the fridge and freezer, begin cooking everything in the freezer and fridges, try to go the whole month with out eating out. (It’s a short month, should be easy)
- Make plan to have all debt paid off by the end of the year, besides the car payments, figure out how much needs to be saved, scrimped, etc.
- Begin storing MREs and canned foods, make 72-hour kits for cars and separate 72-hour kits for the house.
- Begin actually budgeting and figuring up how much we need for emergency fund.
- Finish up all schoolwork I can.
- Do hours for Substitute Teacher Certification, send off for it when my class ends, and send off resume’ to School I Want To Substitute Teach For.
- Make sure everything is done for Graduation. Make sure everything is ready for my move and transfer to The University (except for the final transcripts, which will be sent in May).
Summer (May, June, July)
- Enjoy the last summer off I’ll have for a while. Go to visit family, move, go explore around Wyoming and Colorado and just have an all around great summer.
- Send FINAL transcripts to The University.
- Get everything together for Thing 1 to begin Kindergarten. (OMG MAH BABY IS GROWING UP WAH!)
Fall Semester (August, September, October, November, December)
- Don’t get overwhelmed. Don’t get overwhelmed. Don’t get overwhelmed. Keep the GPA up, but don’t get overwhelmed.
- Join some sort of club, sport or activity.
- Find part-time job on campus working in an office.
- Read 20 leisure books this year.
- Write something for fun.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo.